Teaming with dynamic and innovative thinkers, creative flair is entrenched in St. John’s local business community. From some of Canada’s best ranked restaurants to retailers selling one-of-a-kind wares, to service operators whose hospitality is second to none – St. John’s local economy creates high paying, high impact jobs to benefit everyone.
A few of the numerous advantages to choosing to work in St. John’s include:
- There are so many options for employment in St. John’s – nearly half (42%) of all businesses in the province are located within St. John’s Metro.
- As St. John’s is a smaller big city, this gives ample opportunity for your skills and experience to really shine.
- There could be over 60,000 job openings in the province within the next decade due to our aging workforce beginning to retire. As St. John’s Metro is home to nearly half the province’s business, that’s a lot of opportunity in one place!
- Choosing to work in St. John’s can be beneficial for the entire family. There are several K-12 options and post-secondary education choices abound, as well as arts, cultural, entertainment, and sports opportunities.
- When choosing somewhere to live and work, taxes are certainly something to consider. Newfoundland and Labrador’s taxation system is both progressive and fair. In 2018, the Independent Tax Review Committee determined that the total tax burden in the province is generally in line with other jurisdictions in Canada.
- Working in St. John’s offers the opportunity to seek a good work-life balance in such a unique environment. Where else could you finish your work day at 5:00 p.m. and be out on the Atlantic in a kayak or on a world class hiking trail by 5:30 p.m.?